Sunday, June 13, 2010

Not Only Math : An Excellent Example of a Teacher Sharing her Knowledge, Experience, and Tools to Help Students, Parents and Teachers Alike










(This is the CoolMath.com Logo - I love it!)

This site is interesting in a number of ways. I was looking for a fun resource for math games that would be appealing to kids in Kindergarten, 3rd, 5th, and 8th grade when I learned of CoolMath.com.

To all my teacher type friends... This site is a great add to your personal learning network. For those in Math Education, the material is priceless. For those not of the math sector, read Karen's account of how she brought her student success rates from 35% to 75-80% just by revamping her teaching approach.
Hope the summer is going great for all!!!!

PS- It's free. :)


4 comments:

  1. Jackie,

    This is great!!! I love that we are finding new websites that are going to be so useful for us. I love that we started this blog! I hope you are doing well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the link. I will be teaching a couple remedial math classes this year (yes, I am looking forward to it ;) and links like this will help. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  3. P.S. It's free! Wonderful!

    It's so exciting to see this blog alive and active.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you, thank you, thank you. My son has used this website in his 1st grade class. He had me search for it several times and I could never find it. I kept meaning to ask his teacher, but the year slipped by and I forgot to ask her. He was so excited tonight when I pulled up the site and asked him if this was the right one and it was.

    Thanks for posting this website and redeeming me in the eyes of my son.

    Dina Tillman

    ReplyDelete