Anthony @mrcapps needs 9 book trailers done by February 14 for Black History Month. This is a part of our effort to get the schools in Mobile County using technology.
Here's how you can help:
1. Volunteer to do a trailer.
2. Select one of these books:
Jerry Pinkney Back Home
Jerry Pinkney The Nightingale
Donald Crews Big Mama's
Christopher Paul Curtis Bud, Not Buddy
Willie Perdomo Visiting Langston
Marie Bradby More Than Anything Else
Patricia McKissack Porch Lies
Faith Ringgold Tar Beach
Mildred D. Taylor Roll of Thunder, Hear My Cry
3. Leave a comment agreeing to take a book. Be sure to specify which one.
4. Watch the instructions for doing a trailer. Trailers are a lot of fun and they are easy to do.
5. Watch a few of the trailers done last semester.
6. Read the book. I have ordered all of them except 1 and they will be in the lab on Wednesday for checkout.
7. Plan your trailer.
8. Come to the lab and you will get help it in doing it. iMovie makes it wasy!
8. Be a part of history. It will be used at St. Elmo School to increase the reading of the books designated for reading in Black History Month. And the teachers there will see how powerful technology is in getting kids to read.
Help get technology into Mobile County Schools! Call, email, SMS or Tweet if you have any questions.