Friday, January 28, 2011

Glogster



I found this when investigating whether or not Glogster is going to be the tool for my Math Methods SED454 Class. We are asked to find a way to electronically capture and build a professional portfolio of the work we do during our block semester and student teaching. Dr. Byrd not only requires it for the course, but recommends it as a marketing tool for ourselves when interviewing for permanent placement.

I am looking for a way to not only organize my materials for this class in a poster format, but I want to be able to search for information I may use down the road. Blogs are great, but it's different to pull up information easily unless I know where it is. Blogger can be divided into 10 pages, which is how I may organize the material for now.

Does anyone have any recommendations for programs that may help me here?

Thanks!

Jackie Gorski

2 comments:

  1. I would love for you to start a wikispace of some kind for this. I will follow closely because I REALLY need/ want to learn and use innovative math strategies.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Anthony,
    I'm not sure how to start a wikispace. Do you know if there is an EDM310 tutorial for that? I need to learn that too.

    So far, I really like my text for my math methods course, Embracing Mathematics : On Becoming a Teacher and Changing with Mathematics. Innovative math strategies are in here. I'll be sure to try to share with you any "cool" stuff that we come up with this semester.
    Jackie

    ReplyDelete